The Student Body President and Vice President represent the Student Body in dealings with WVU institutions: faculty, staff and administrators of WVU, the WVU Board of Governors, and any other pertinent governing bodies, as well as performing other tasks around campus.
Blake N. Humphrey
STUDENT BODY PRESIDENT
Blake is a masters student studying public administration, and is a 2017 graduate of the Eberly College of Arts and Sciences, receiving a BA in economics and political science. On campus, Blake has been involved with various student organizations and community service initiatives. Through the various projects, efforts and initiatives that he has been a part of, he has always tried to do the right things, for the right reasons. Off campus, Blake likes to travel, enjoy the great outdoors, write columns, spend time with his family in Wheeling and of course his golden retriever, Rory, too.
Blake is passionate about;
- Solving the textbook affordability crisis by advocating for open educational resources,
- Creating a culture among the student body that embraces our university's land grant mission,
- Developing strong and vibrant relationships with local, state and federal officials to better advocate for WVU's interests,
- and ensuring that we have campus conversations that help to connect and integrate our entire Mountaineer community.
STUDENT BODY VICE PRESIDENT
Shannon Smith is a junior Strategic Communications major with an emphasis in Public Relations, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She currently sits on the Student Senate in SGA, is a sister of Alpha Phi where she served as the Vice President of Marketing, is a writer for HerCampus, and is a member of The National Association of Black Journalists. Shannon loves getting to know people, sing and dance, and making people laugh.
Shannon is passionate about;
- Mental health,
- Sexual health, and
- Hearing the student voices here on campus. She is excited to continue hearing the stories of her peers as they join this conversation.